Wednesday, January 03, 2007

My new favorite blog....

I stopped by Life in the Rubber Room and found Ed's link to Pissed Off Teacher. I don't know why it is that I spend so much time reading NYC teacher blogs, but man are they ever good. Pissed Off Teacher is a 30 year veteran math teacher who alternates between high achieving math classes and lower-achieving math classes. Make sure you're not wearing a suit, 'cause she doesn't like 'em. There are good suits, and probably good principals, she opines. She just hasn't met any good principals yet.

My favorite quote of the moment is a directive from the AP to the department:

"Every teacher is expected to conduct bell-to-bell lessons, even though the bell is not working."

Do yourself a favor and read this blog!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the nice comments! I'm not really as bad as I sound. Blogging is just a good release for some of my pent off anger. It beats taking it out on my husband.

Dr. Homeslice said...

You're welcome. I don't think you're bad at all-- just honest. I think you and I would get along famously, were we to teach together. Keep up the great blogging!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, and you do look lovely in your suit and tie.

Counters

Locations of visitors to this page