Sunday, August 05, 2007

For the first time ever....

...I am taking a job outside of my district (in addition to teaching) to make ends meet. Not because I want to work, because I have to. Trust me, if you could see my budget, you would see that it is not extravagant in any way-- I only have one credit card, and my payment is only like $30 a month. Am I complaining? No, I'm doing what I have to to help my family. I just hope the fact that I have to get a $9 an hour job in addition to the teaching job I already have will show that teachers need to get paid more.

2 comments:

andbrooke said...

Exactly. This is one of my biggest worries in education. We need good male teachers, but how can we attract and keep them without good salaries? All the men in my school have second jobs- ALL OF THEM. They shouldn't have to.

I just started reading your blog. Keep up the good work!

Dr. Homeslice said...

Thanks for reading. You're right, we shouldn't have to, but that's our lot in life.

Counters

Locations of visitors to this page