Monday, August 20, 2007

Statcounter Carnac...questions answered.

Back in the day, the late Johnny Carson used to play a character known as Carnac the Magnificent.

For those who are unititiated, Carnac would hold a "hermeticially sealed" envelope to his head, announce the answer to a question and proceed to open the envelope and then read the question. One italicized example follows:

Carnac holds the sealed envelope up to his turban)
CARNAC: Dippity Do.
ED McMAHON: Dippity Do?
(Carnac rips the envelope open and removes the card)
CARNAC (reading): What forms on your dippity early in the morning..


So, every once in a while I look over the keyword stats in my Statcounter account, that is, the words that wonderful folks who wouldn't normally come here type into their lil' search bars that then directs them here. They tell me a lot about the traffic I'm getting, but sometimes they're kind of funny. So I shall now share them with you and attempt to do something Carnac-y. If it bombs, well it's my blog so I don't care. Keep in mind, these are the actual kewords and phrases-- this should only be attempted by a professional
snarky individual like myself.

Instructions: The answer is readable. In order for you to find out the question, you've got to highlight the text with your mouse, as I've colored it the same as the background. Best I could do late at night, folks.

Phrase #1
A: More than I'll ever make in sixty minutes.
Q: how much does it cost to hire ron clark to speak

Phrase #2
A: Go ask Steve Barr and AJ Duffy.
Q: how bad is locke high school (Note: This query actually came from Sony Picture Studio, so expect the movie to be out any time soon)

Phrase #3
A: the 2005 contract.

Q:(why do) a lot of NYC teachers seem psychotic

No comments:

Counters

Locations of visitors to this page